Adyen, the admin panel
This post is part of these adyen posts:
(1) Adyen, how to become a client and request one/more subaccounts
(2) Adyen, Admin panel
(3) Adyen, how to manage the skins (at working)
(4) Adyen, a custom PHP class (at working)
(5) Adyen, refund and Paypal integration (at working)
In this second post about Adyen platform payment, I'm goig to explain the menu payment in order to show the payments and to generate the reports.
I'll use some screenshot that you can show using a admin account.
At the end of the post, I'll insert some of the most important pdf document, that you can find into the support paypal website too.
Adyen provides two environment, live and test. By the live web site (http://ca-live.adyen.com) you could only show the menu Payments, Reports or manage your password to access to it, while by the test web site (http://ca-test.adyen.com) you could manage the several configurations, as SKIN and also you could show the list test payments. This is a usefull functionality, because you could make all your payment tests, having to worry about the amount, the fraud, etc...
So you have to keep in mind, that the live and test environment are completly indipendent and also when you'll have to push to live the skin, you'll have to make it from the test environment.
By this menu you access to the list of the payment, where you can show these information (show this picture):
Psp Reference: The reference Adyen has assigned to the payment. This is guaranteed to be globally unique and is used when communicating with us about this payment.
Merchant Reference: The reference you assigned to the original payment.
Account: This is the owner account (or sub-account) of the payments. If you are using several different sub-accounts on your platform, you'll show them in this report columns.
Date: The ayment date
Amount: The payment amount
Method: The payment method. You could configure and allow several payment methods, by the menu Settings, (show this picture). All this methods will show as a option into the skin when the users will make a payment. Status: The result of the payment. One of:
- AUTHORISED: Payment authorisation was successfully completed.
- REFUSED: Payment was refused / payment authorisation was unsuccessful.
- CANCELLED: Payment attempt was cancelled by the shopper or the shopper requested to return to the merchant (e.g. by pressing the back button on the initial page).
- PENDING: Final status of the payment attempt could not be established immediately. This can happen if the systems providing final payment status are unavailable or the shopper needs to take further action to complete the payment.
- ERROR: An error occurred during the payment processing.
Fraud: The fraud level (You refer it to the to the official documentation, at the end of this post)
So, if you click on a payment record, you can show the details of it (show this picture), where the new and most important information are: Recurring contract: What type of recurring contract is used. One of:
- ONECLICK: The shopper chooses whether to allow their credit card data to be stored for future use. The card's security code (CSC/CVC) must be provided during subsequent payments.
- RECURRING: Credit card data is stored for future use. The card's security code (CSC/CVC) is not required for subsequent payments.
- ONECLICK, RECURRING: Credit card data is stored for future use. The merchant decides whether the card's security code (CSC/CVC) is required during subsequent payments.
Shopper Email: The email address of the shopper.
Card information: You can save only the Expire Date and the last four digits of the user Credit Card, in order to show him for the next payments (I'll show how to manage these details, in the next Adyen post)
By this menu, you can generate several pre-configured reports, as you can see here. You can also define custom reports, using interactive searching and filter from payments menu. Finally you can subscribe to them, after which they will be generated periodically for separate retrieval, using the menu Reports/Subscription and Reports/Download.
Because these reports are usually generated at night they are only available the next day once activated. Once subscribed you can download reports at the following URL - substitute your merchant or company account names in the underlined parts.
Oficial Adyen Documents